Cathy Adkins, Director of Attendance and Homeless Liaison
Office: 304-792-2043 Fax: 304-792-2027
September is Student Attendance Awareness Month. Please join our campaign to promote good attendance throughout Logan County Schools. Remember: Every Student, Every Day!
Logan County recognizes the importance of attendance in a student's achievement. The district strives to assist students to take responsibility for their own attendance and believes constant awareness through self-discipline and responsibility will increase daily attendance and improve academic progress.
The attendance office for Logan County Schools handles many aspects of student attendance and enrollment for students including:
Logan County Schools maintains the following Attendance Policy Guidelines:
- Students are allowed 10 unexcused absences all school year.
- Students are allowed 5 parent notes for the school year.
- All excuses for the absences must be presented to the school by 10 school days following the absence.
- Any parent note after the 5 parent note limit has been reached will be considered unexcused.
- Students are permitted unlimited doctor's excuses throughout the school year.
- All missed work during an absence is the responsibility of the student.
- Students must follow county tardy and early release procedures.
- Students driver's permits or license will be revoked upon 15 unexcused absences, failure to maintain adequate grades/credits, or behavior issues.
- Revoked license will be reinstated following one semester after the revocation if the student has demonstrated good attendance, behavior, and grades/credits. A $50 fine must be paid to DMV in Charleston, WV.
Elementary Tardy Procedure
Middle School Tardy Procedure High School Tardy Procedure